Sunday, July 12, 2009

Living Without Money

I have lived my entire life below my circumstance. I was mostly trying to hold on to what I was given and out of fear, I have used many things to remain in this state. I have used coupons, excuses and events that cost very little or nothing, just to name a few, to get by.

Namely, I was, discounting myself so that I could continue to live that way.  At first it was fun; I was young and clipping coupons was a thrill, saving money was a challenge, but what I didn't know was that I was avoiding. I was never going to reach my full potential. In fact, I wasn't reaching at all.  Until...

One day my eyes were opened. Opened to what I was doing, to what I was missing and to the way that I was treating myself. REALITY CHECK and a wake up call. That day marked an ending. Some sadness ensued. 

Would I be able to find value in the very thing that I once discounted? Would I reach new heights? Yes, but only time will tell which heights I allude to. My journey starts today and although I don't know where it will take me, I know where I'm headed.

Pray for me and wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment